Oct 30, 2011

Dryer Vent Pumpkins

I thought I'd give a tutorial on how to make the dryer vent pumpkins
 I featured in my front porch decor post. 

I got the idea from Courtney at A Diamond in the Stuff
She's made so many variations on the original - you should go check it out.

I used 6" and 4" plastic dryer vent to make two different sizes of pumpkin. I cut the vent with scissors and wire cutters, curved it around on itself, and hot glued the open ends together.  

I then spraypainted them "Cinnamon" by Krylon. 
I used a cinnamon stick for the stem.
Some moss and a leaf added some visual interest. 

This is a really easy project - the hardest part is waiting for the paint to dry.
I printed out "Boo" signs and glued them to two of them to take to work.
So many people commented on them. 

It's nice when such a simple craft has such impact. 
And I like that, unlike real pumpkins, they can be used year after year.

I'm linking to these great parties this week!


♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Great job Barb,, I love them. I hope I remember to try doing one next year,, yours look great~!

Barb said...

Thank you! I know, I really should have posted this sooner so people had time to try it for Halloween.

Annika said...

These are very cool! Shame it's not Halloween again till next year! :o)

Linda Braden said...

I'm crazy about those dryer vent pumpkins too! Made a few of my own this year ...

Again, thanks for sharing at our spray paint link party!



BarbSteadman said...

Thanks Linda!

Noni said...

Where did you find the white plastic dryer vent? All I can find is the silver.

BarbSteadman said...

Hey Noni,

I bought it at Home Depot but I don't think they carry it any more. I can't find it online anyway.

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...