SEARCH THE BLOG

Dec 28, 2011

Christmas Has Gone to the Dogs

Let's take a little break from crafting. 

We let the dogs open their own gifts on Christmas Day.  Here are the "kids" waiting to get started.  About as close as we got to a family portrait.  I'm going to have to start photoshopping myself into these things.


Sasha got right into the gift opening.  She had a very efficient system - rip off piece, turn head, spit out piece, rip new piece.  It was so methodical. Let's see if I can get a video to embed.




Chloe was much more delicate.  She would snuffle it a bit, then if it didn't open by itself, she'd go lay down.




  Sasha was more than happy to help her out.

Thanks Santa:




And a shot of Tom with his favourite gift.


Plus the bread he made with it afterwards (cheese & garlic).




Yesterday (Boxing Day) we travelled to Kinmount to spend the day at my aunt & uncle's cottage.  Even though it was a small group it was still a noisy get-together.  The count was 11 adults and 7 dogs.  Yep, seven. Ranging in age from 3 months to 5 years.  But I've got to say, it was so much fun.

Here is a little photo retrospective of these gorgeous puppies.

Callie on the left and Desi on the right. 
My aunt got a picture of this from the side - not rated PG at all.


 Stella doing her best JLo impression.


This is Ziggy.  She's just pretending she's happy I'm so close to her.


This little sweetheart is Kasey. 
Oh my gosh, am I in love with this puppy! Look at those eyes! 
If I could have snuck her out in my purse I would have.

Trying to get all of the dogs together in one shot. 
The most we ever managed was three. 
Why don't the little 8-pound dogs want to sit beside these guys?

Off to the spa

It turned out to be a long, long day for Kasey.
I think she's happy to be with her new family.


Sweet dreams puppy.


6 comments:

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you. Your dog sounds sweet.

Maria said...

GORGOEOUS pups! these photos have brightened my morning.  it looks like you all had a very merry christmas. :)
wishing you a happy rest of 2011, barb <3
maria

Jann Olson said...

Christmas certainly has gone to the 'DOGS'!  So much fun!  Love that they open their own gifts.  That party certainly was something to 'howl' about.  Bread looks yummy.  Hubby did good!  Happy New Year

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks Maria - they get me through sometimes. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday as well.

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you, it was a lot of fun!

Liz K Brown said...

Wow ... you love dogs dont you! I cant say I blame you! I think yours are simply adorable.

I have a 'rescue' dog named Shy ... she showed up at my friend's house in the country, full of ticks (like, at least 100), and obviously abused. I convinced my parents that they needed another dog at their acreage, and she is MUCH healthier and happier now :) But still pretty shy, hence her name :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...