SEARCH THE BLOG

Apr 5, 2012

Longing...

The beautiful weather is making me sad.  Yes, it's true.  Maybe not so much sad as just longing for the past. We moved into town 3 years ago to be closer to our jobs. 


This was our backyard before:


This is our backyard now:


Our front yard before:


Our front yard now (just the right-hand side - the left is the neighbour's):



Do you see what I'm getting at?  I'm longing for space. Breathing room. And tranquility.  The dogs go stir-crazy without enough room to run, and I get angry listening to my neighbour's rap music turned up to maximum volume every weekend. I feel bad for Tom (and me) because there is nowhere to work on projects except the tiny garage. 

But it's not as easy as buying another house.  It's nearly impossible to find houses in our area that have any sort of land attached to them. Other than the multi-million dollar mansions, space just doesn't exist anymore.

I never considered myself a country girl, but right now I'd give up all our conveniences to swing in the hammock just once without banging into the neighbour's fence.

4 comments:

Gina Cannary said...

OMG, that would make me angry.  You don't have now what you did then, for sure.  Start looking now - your next dream home is out there waiting and you can move past obstacles!

Olga@Stardust-Decor & Style said...

Oh I know what you mean! But what happened to the previous gorgeous backyard space?

BarbSteadman said...

We moved into town to be closer to work and there aren't any properties in town with backyards.

BarbSteadman said...

Aww, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...