SEARCH THE BLOG

Jun 8, 2012

Blue Mountain

I realized today that I neglected to tell you about our weekend at Blue Mountain.  Well let me remedy that!  I hope you like photo-heavy posts.

Our room was on the top floor and this was the view from our balcony.  It was rainy all weekend - can you imagine what this would look like on a sunny day?


We reserved a bachelor room this time. We had a suite last time but it really was a waste when it's only the two of us. Gorgeous fluffy linens on the bed.


On the first night, I closed the blackout curtains and put on my sleep mask (yes I am a diva), and I swear I could have slept until noon the next day if we didn't have things to do.

Oh! Check out the chandelier over the dining room table. Do you think they'd notice if it was missing?


And I was obsessed with this table lamp. I must have taken 15 pictures of it. Not that I want it in my own house, but it sure is fun to look at.


The bathroom was pretty standard, but I was drawn to the frame around the mirror.  
I wonder why?


Tom went mountain biking with his friends on Saturday so I hiked up the mountain as far as the trail went so that I could take some pictures. I could have taken the gondola to the top, but I was saving that for Sunday with Tom (Spoiler: it was raining too hard on Sunday and we didn't end up going.) They have a ride at the resort called the Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster. You can ride by yourself or with someone else, and you control the speed you descend at. I think there's going to be a collision in that second picture!



They're building a treetop high ropes challenge. There are suspension bridges, ladders, zip lines, and cargo nets. Part of it is open but they're expanding it all the time. At the highest level you're 60 feet above the ground.



Here is a shot with some people in it just to give you some perspective.  How much fun would that be?!  It was closed that weekend, but I definitely would have given it a shot.


And the course goes out over the roller coaster. I only grabbed this shot because this woman screamed the whole way down the mountain. I wish I'd had the shutter speed set so you could see her face.


I wandered around the village taking pictures of the buildings. It's like a mini-Disneyland.  I never get tired of it.





And I stopped into the chocolate shop. Had to. There were so many different things to choose from. This beaver candy apple was so cute.


How about some chocolate-dipped licorice? 


I really wanted one of the rice krispie clusters but the price was way too high. I settled on a Rolo-dipped pretzel and chocolate-covered marshmallows on a stick.


This is the store that I mentioned in my post about the bracelets. They have so many interesting things to look at.




 I really liked this zebra, even if it wouldn't match anything else we have. 
Maybe I could start a collection?


And what do you think of this single-person hammock?  I love it so much! If we had the room it would probably have come home with us. Though it didn't have a price on it - isn't that always a sign that it's too expensive?


That night was Tom's work dinner. Check it out, baby. 


I learned just the day before that the evening dress code was casual. I said too bad - I look good! I think I needed a higher heel, but do you know how hard it is to find navy shoes? No shots of Tom but he looked pretty handsome himself.

The dinner was fun, and Tom won a $100 Home Depot gift card in the raffle. Perfect for DIYers like us. I drank a little and was asleep in my bed by 11pm. Yep, I'm a party animal.

The next day I took Tom back up the mountain to see the rope challenge. Here he is pretending to be all athletic.


 But it was raining so hard that we decided to end it there and just go home.

We drove by this housing development on the way out. Is this not the coolest display ever? I didn't care how hard it was raining, I made Tom pull over so I could take some pictures. Whoever thought of this is brilliant.




So that was our weekend away. This is the third time Tom's company has taken us to Blue Mountain. I'm so thankful for their generosity. Even though the weather didn't co-operate we still had a terrific time. Can't wait until next year!




2 comments:

Sandra said...

Hello Barb!
Nice to meet a fellow dog and rottie lover and thanks for stopping by my blog.
Hope you are enjoying the great weather.

Sandra

Craftmates said...

I love the colour on those bicycles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...