SEARCH THE BLOG

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mar 6, 2013

Nice Rack!


Caught your attention didn't I? But I'm not talking about anyone's frontal regions (least of all my own) - I'm talking about the new baking racks I bought.


I know I've mentioned before how much I want some, so on a recent trip to the grocery store I priced them out. And they weren't that bad! Seven dollars each maybe?


The racks fit perfectly over a cookie sheet so there is something to catch the drippings. I like to coat my wings in coconut oil first to help the seasoning stick, and while coconut oil is a healthy oil, reducing some doesn't hurt.

Look at how much oil was removed.


Just like that, my chicken went from this:


To this: 


Besides being less greasy, the wings are so much easier to remove to a plate. Most of the time they would stick a bit and you'd end up losing some of the crispy skin. And let's face it - that's the best part.



Don't be ashamed, you can yell out, "Hey, I like your rack!" and I won't be offended. :-)





No comments: