SEARCH THE BLOG

Dec 2, 2013

The Doors are Decorated


I started to pull the Christmas decorations out of storage this weekend. The rule in our family has always been that nothing can go up until the first weekend of December. Lucky for me, December started on a Sunday this year.

We had a lot of running around to do - the bathroom tile we wanted was on sale, as was the sofa and loveseat I've been eyeing for a couple of months - so all I managed to put in place was the front door wreath. I used the same wreath from last year, but with a little extra fanciness added on. (I've tried to find a picture of it from last year, but apparently I didn't take any.)


I wrapped burlap around the frame, then glued on soft garland and pinecones I had gathered at my father-in-law's property.


This year I wove some green and gold ribbon through the garland to beef it up a bit. The ribbon has wired edges, so that made it easier to bend and arrange into little swoops. The final touch was a set of jingle bells that we bought at a gift market in Orillia. If anyone is visiting that area, you must stop by the Mariposa Market. Gifts, baked goods, candy, clothing...it's absolutely amazing.



I also hung up the powder room wreath yesterday, so Tom can start calling it the "Christmas Pooper" again.



Everything else is still in boxes and bins. I'm looking forward to unpacking it all so that I can have a little of this,


and this,


You can tell they're excited to be my little helpers, can't you?

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I love it when it is time to deck the hall! I love your decorations and the hats your dogs are wearing!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Karen Xavier said...

I came across your blog while searching for 'wall Christmas tree' ... I love the one you put up last year. Looks fabulous... I too made one with cardboard last year, here is the link...
http://summer--breeze.blogspot.in/2012/12/my-wall-christmas-tree.html

Anyway, nice blog... and the banana bread looks pretty good, will try it out soon.

Barb @ Turtles and Tails said...

Aww, thank you! They're so good, they'll do just about anything I ask of them.

Barb @ Turtles and Tails said...

Thank you!

I love that you wrapped the branches on yours, and that star is amazing!

Barb @ Turtles and Tails said...

You have really done good job and I like your nice creativity to decorate the door.

HAG Chairs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...