I'll try to sneak in a little post here before I pass out on the keyboard.
Many, many months ago I had the hubby build a wrapping paper organizer for me to corral all the paper and ribbon I had lying all over the place. Here's a refresher if you've forgotten, or if you're new in these here parts.
He built it exactly the way I asked him to and I loved it. For a little while. Up until around Christmas time when the roll of ribbon I wanted was always the one in the centre of the row - meaning I had to take half the ribbon off the dowel to get to it.
This is how the ribbon usually looked:
Actually, THIS is how the ribbon usually looked - because I was too lazy and annoyed to put it back up where it belonged:
We had already attached two little blocks to the front of the main pieces so that the ribbon dowel stood out further than the wrapping paper rolls, so it was just a matter of cutting the bottom corner off at an angle and attaching the "shelf". I've amassed so much ribbon in the last year that I had Tom build a shelf on the bottom too. The tissue paper hanging along the bottom wasn't really working for me anyway.
I puttied all of the screw holes and gave it a new coat of white paint. You'd never know that it was a re-vamp at all. And now all of my ribbon is easy to see and easy to get to. I'm a happy little crafter!
Here's a side by side so you can see the changes:
Not earth-shattering, but just a little more tidy and user-friendly.
I'm linking up here this week!